Created for anyone operating watercraft in Eastern Canada, including the Gulf of St. Lawrence and its estuary, this platform on stewardship practices to safeguard whales and species at risk gathers information on boating, fishing, whale-watching, and shipping in whale habitat. Training on identifying whales and how to conduct oneself in their presence is available in each portal. As a navigator, you can also collect whale sighting data and thereby actively participate in their conservation.
Partners of the Recreational Boating Component
Partners of the Fisheries Component
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- M – Expertise Marine
- St. Lawrence Shark Observatory (ORS)
- Association des Crabiers Acadiens (ACA)
- Association des Pêcheurs Professionnels Crabiers Acadiens (APPCA)
- Association des crabiers gaspésiens (ACG)
- Maritime Fishermen’s Union (MFU)
- Regroupement des pêcheurs professionnels du sud de la Gaspésie (RPPSG)
This initiative is made possible in part thanks to funding received under Fisheries and Oceans Canada’s Habitat Stewardship Program (HSP) for Species at Risk.